- Boards & Commissions
- City Hall
- Code Compliance
- Financial Reports & Budgets
- Mayor & Council
- Meeting Agendas & Minutes
- Open Records
- Contact Us
Regular City Council Meeting - August 14, 2018
Regular City Council Meeting Tuesday, August 14, 2018 at 7:00 in the Alma Community Center. Agen... [more...]
Public Hearing Notice of 2018 Tax Year Proposed Property Tax Rate for the City of Alma - August 03, 2018
Public Hearing Tuesday, August 14, 2018 at 6:30 pm at the Community Center. A tax rate of $.025 ... [more...]
City Council Special Meeting of July 19, 2018 - July 19, 2018
Alma City Council is having a special meeting on Thursday, July 19, 2018 at 7:00pm. This meeting ... [more...]
Town Hall Meeting - July 18, 2018
The City of Alma is having a Town Hall Meeting July 18, 2018 at 7:00pm in the Alma Community Cent... [more...]
Special Agenda Budget Meeting - June 21, 2018
We will be having a Special Meeting on June 21, 2018 to amend 2017/2018 Budget at the Alma Commun... [more...]
Municipal Office Closed June 18th thru June 20th. - June 15, 2018
We will reopen on Thursday June 21, 2018. Thanks! [more...]
Regular Meeting will be moved to June 12, 2018 - June 12, 2018
Our Regular City Council Meeting will be held on a Special date. It will be Tuesday, June 12, 201... [more...]
Public Hearing - May 15, 2018
Notice of Public Hearing Tuesday May, 15, 2018 at 6:30 pm and again May 29, 2-18 at 6:30 pm at th... [more...]
Regular Meeting date changed to Monday May 14, 2018 - May 14, 2018
The City Council will be meeting on Monday, May 14, 2018 at 7:30 pm instead of Tuesday, May 15, 2... [more...]
The City of Alma Secretary performs many duties vital to the daily operations of City Hall. Listed below you will find many of the duties performed.
- Record and edit the minutes of meetings and distribute to appropriate officials or staff members.
- Respond to requests for information from the public, other municipalities, state officials, or state and federal legislative offices.
- Perform general office duties, typing or proofreading correspondence, distributing or filing official forms, or scheduling appointments.
- Issue public notification of all official activities or meetings.
- Collaborate with other staff to assist in the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies, or priorities.
- Plan and direct the maintenance, filing, safekeeping, and computerization of all municipal documents.
- Prepare meeting agendas or packets of related information.
- Perform budgeting duties, such as assisting in budget preparation, expenditure review, or budget administration.
- Prepare ordinances, resolutions, or proclamations so that they can be executed, recorded, archived, or distributed.
- Maintain fiscal records and accounts.
- Serve as a notary of the public.
- Maintain and update documents, such as municipal codes or city charters.
- Issue various permits
- Prepare reports on civic needs.
- Provide assistance with events